TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read carefully these Terms and Conditions of contract.
In completing and submitting the Booking Form, you agree to be bound by these conditions which constitute the agreement between Crossroads Travel ABN 64129789468 and you.
A contract shall arise when Crossroads Travel has received its completed Booking Form together with a deposit or full payment for the trip and has issued written-confirmation of client’s acceptance.
1. How to Book
To reserve your place on one of the trips, you should complete the Booking Form online or download it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
To secure a trip, you must pay a non-refundable deposit equal to 20% of the value of the trip, at the time of booking.
The full amount of the trip must be paid for in full at least 60 days before the starting date. If it is not paid by that date Crossroads Travel shall have the option to cancel the trip.
3. Booking Modification/Transfers
BOOKING MODIFICATION: If you wish to transfer from one scheduled trip to another (maximum 12 months period) you must notify Crossroads Travel in writing. A transfer fee of $250 AUD will apply if the transfer is made prior to 60 days before departure. Cancellation fees apply thereafter.
BOOKING TRANSFER: You can transfer your booking, free of charge, to any person who meets all required conditions. This transfer must be reported in writing, at least 30 days before start date. Any additional cost involved in the transfer will be paid by the transferee person.
If you wish to cancel your trip, you must notify Crossroads Travel in writing. Once Crossroads Travel receives your notice, cancellation will take effect subject to the following:
Table of Cancellation Charges – The following charges which are expressed as a percentage of the holiday cost will be made:
More than 60 days before starting date of the holiday – the deposit.
59 – 35 days before starting date of the holiday – 30% of holiday cost.
34 – 15 days before starting date of the holiday – 50% of holiday cost.
Less than 14 days before starting date of the holiday – 100% of the holiday cost.
5. Medical Disclosure
You declare and warrant that
• You are in good health and mental and physical fitness at the time of booking this trip;
• You have disclosed to Crossroads Travel every matter concerning your health and mental and physical fitness of which you are aware, or ought to reasonably be expected to know.
6. Cancellation due to trip booking numbers (for group trips)
Crossroads Travel reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked on a trip in which case you will be given a full refund of the trip price paid by you.
You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges, or departure, gear purchases, airport and airline taxes).
Minimum persons per trip, 6
Maximum persons per trip, 12
7. Route changes, Postponement, Cancellation or Delay
Crossroads Travel reserves the right to:
• Cancel or modify any routes within the trip or objectives set out in the itinerary; or
• Substitute different or equivalent routes within the trip in place of cancelled or modified routes, or
• Postpone, cancel or delay (either in relation to the departure or arrival times or the duration of the trip) any such aspect of the trip if, in the absolute discretion of Crossroads Travel, it is necessary to do so due to inclement weather, snow or icy conditions or conditions that are otherwise likely to be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions whether political or military or terrorist or otherwise or if, in the absolute discretion of Crossroads Travel, there is a likelihood of any such event occurring which may impact upon the safety of the participants, or if an act or omission of a third party prevents the trip or the aspect of the trip being undertaken in accordance with your booking or for any other reason considered necessary by Crossroads Travel.
In the event of any change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay under this condition, you acknowledge that you will have no right of refund of the trip price (whether in whole or in part) and no right to claim compensation for any injury, loss or damage or other additional expenses incurred by virtue of the change, modification, cancellation, postponement or delay.
Crossroads Travel also reserves, in its absolute discretion, the right to cancel any trip due to any government travel warning or advice, or any change in such warning or advice. In this event, condition 4 applies as if you had transferred or cancelled the trip at the date that Crossroads Travel cancelled the trip due to the governmental travel warning or advice.
Travel insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances.
8. Itineraries and brochures
Itineraries and other details are published in good faith as statements of intention only and reasonable changes in the itinerary and related items may be made where deemed necessary or advisable by Crossroads Travel.
The information contained in Crossroads Travel brochures, itineraries, and internet site is, to the best of Crossroads Travel belief, correct at the date of publishing.
Personal travel insurance is not included in the trip price.
It is a condition of booking a trip with Crossroads Travel, and your responsibility to ensure that you are adequately insured for the full duration of the trip in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items and cancellation and curtailment. You must provide evidence to Crossroads Travel that you have obtained personal travel insurance. You must ensure that your personal travel insurance covers all of the activities you expect to participate in.
It is your responsibility to have the necessary documentation for the country you are visiting, valid passport, medical insurance and valid visa if required.
Crossroads Travel acts as an agent, but client is the responsible to hold all valid documents and show them to the relevant authorities. If, for any reason (lack, absence or wrong documentation) the customer is forced to cancel or abandon the trip, Crossroads Travel will apply the conditions stated in the cancellation policy.
11. Exclusions from tour price
Without limitation, the following items are excluded from the trip price:
• Personal travel insurance;
• Visa, passport and vaccination charges;
• All flights and transfers to departure point and from destination;
• Extra meals, transport costs, accommodation costs, or other expenses not included in the itinerary;
• Laundry, postage, personal clothing, medical expenses & items of a personal nature;
• Emergency evacuation and/or emergency search charges;
• Additional expenses caused by delay, accidents or disruption of planned itineraries
12. Price Variation
Prices quoted in our tour information are based on exchange rates, cost of services and applicable taxes at the time of publication. Prices may be subject to change in the event of significant currency fluctuations or the introduction of new taxes, up until final payment is received. In the event of a price increase, whether because of a currency fluctuation, increase in taxes or a correction in advertised prices, we will advise you and you have the option of accepting the amended prices, inclusions and booking conditions or withdrawing from the tour and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. Once final payment is received, all prices will be guaranteed and no surcharges will apply.
13. Force Majeure
If Crossroads Travel is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under this agreement by reason of act of God, strikes, trade disputes, fire, breakdowns, interruption of transport, government or political action, acts of war or terrorism, acts or omissions of a third party or for any other cause whatsoever outside Crossroads Travel reasonable control, Crossroads Travel will be under no liability whatsoever to you and may, at its option, by written notice to you either cancel the trip or take any other action as specified in condition 7.
14. Release and discharge from all claims
To the extent permitted by law, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with this trip, you release, waive and discharge all Crossroads Travels representatives from all claims, actions or losses for personal injury or death, property damage, loss of services, loss of profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise.
In connection with any optional activities which you may undertake during the course of your trip but which do not comprise part of your trip itinerary and you accept that any assistance given to you by Crossroads Travel representatives in arranging such optional activities will not render the Crossroads Travel representatives liable to you in any way.
This agreement and the rights and obligations of the parties will be construed and take effect in accordance with and be governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia.